We provide space, equipment and expertise to run small or large projects to map the chromosomal location and identify the affected gene of new gene-variant mouse strains obtained from N-ethyl-N-nitrosourea (ENU) libraries, spontaneous mutations or causative polymorphisms.
Our service offers:
- Genome screens for mapping using fluorescent KASP single nucleotide variant (SNV) technology
- Proximal/distal screen with markers at each end of the chromosomes plus one central to the longer chromosomes
- Genome wide (10-20Mb spacing) marker panels for various mapping crosses.
- Additional fine mapping project markers
- Custom design assays to SNVs in your mapped intervals.
- Sanger re-sequencing of exons within a mapped interval. We have the ability to design primer for resequencing candidate genes or all exons within a defined interval.